Ministers March for Justice FAQ
The rally begins at 10 a.m. on directly across from the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial at 1964 Independence Ave SW, Washington, DC 20024. Entry point to the rally space is via gate openings along Ohio Drive. As you enter Ohio Drive you will come north toward the stage which backs up to West Basin Drive.
The stage will face west with the backdrop of the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial as the backdrop.
WHAT TIME SHOULD WE ARRIVE? HOW LONG WILL I STAY?
10:00 am Attendees gather onsite near stage directly across from Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial.
11:00 am Our Speakers Rally begins, featuring speakers representing issues religious leaders or akin to the principles of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
12:15 pm Marching faith leaders will then proceed over the following route: east on Independence Avenue SW to 17th Street SW, north on 1 7th Street SW to Constitution Avenue NW, east on Constitution Avenue NW to 15th Street NW, north on 15th Street NW to Pennsylvania Avenue NW, east on Pennsylvania Avenue NW to 950 Pennsylvania Avenue NW for a rally at 10th and Pennsylvania. Marchers will be led by law enforcement.
Upon Arrival: Marchers will gather at 10th and Pennsylvania gathering near the second rally location where speakers will continue until 2:15pm.
WHAT IS THE MARCH ROUTE?
Limited seating will be in place near the rally stage and start point for persons with disabilities who are not able to march, but still want to be a part of the event.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET TO THE RALLY DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM THE MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. MEMORIAL?
We strongly encourage you to map out logistics for parking, marching and pick up for Ministers March For Justice for both locations: MLK Memorial and Department of Justice. Unfortunately, we are not responsible for parking.
There is limited metered available on West Basin Drive, on Ohio Drive SW, and at the Tidal Basin parking lot along Maine Ave., SW. Handicap parking is available on Home Front Drive SW, accessed from southbound 17th St.
Public Transportation is the best option for reaching National Mall and Memorial Park sites easily and conveniently. There are many options to reach us via Washington, DC’s Subway system known as Metro, or bicycle via Capital Bikeshare. The National Mall Circulator Loop bus will provide easy access around the National Mall and convenient connections to other Circulator buses for visits to uptown sites. Trains including Amtrak, MARC, and VRE service Union Station and/or L’Enfant Plaza in Washington, D.C.
Interstate 395 provides access to the Mall from the South. Interstate 495, New York Avenue, Rock Creek and Potomac Parkway, George Washington Memorial Parkway, and the Cabin John Parkway provide access from the North. Interstate 66, U.S. Routes 50 and 29 provide access from the West. U.S. Routes 50, 1, and 4 provide access from the East.
HOW DO I ENTER THE RALLY DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM THE MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. MEMORIAL? (See Below)
Marchers will enter the rally space using openings along the gated entrance on Ohio Drive.
A dedicated entrance for people with disabilities – including people who want to utilize ASL Interpretation is located on West Basin Drive with entrance being the first doubled gate opening. For more information, please scroll down this page to Accessibility: Getting There.
Persons with disabilities can be dropped off or walk in at Ohio and West Basin Drive. (2) Display an accessible placard or identify as delivering a person with a disability. After drop-off, please see below for parking options.
MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. MEMORIAL AND DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE RALLY ACCESSIBILITY FOR ATTENDEES WITH DISABILITIES MARCHING
* Rallies accommodations at MLK and DOJ will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. No reservations can be accepted. We anticipate 1,000 leaders of faith and conscience thinking to gathering at the Rally Directly Across From The Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial.
* Volunteers will be designated at the accessible entrance on West Basin Drive
* Please note that these services apply to the Rally only and NOT for the March portion of the event
* This area is wheelchair accessible
* This is an outdoor event, subject to the elements. All attendees will be exposed to the weather; please dress appropriately!
American Sign Language Interpretation
* American Sign Language (ASL) Interpretation will be visible from Accessible Viewing Area, near the stage.
By foot and independent motion
* Please scroll to the top of the page for mass transit information.
* Volunteers will be stationed near the accessible entrance at West Basin Drive to assist with directions and assistance to the Accessible Viewing Area.
* The accessible entrance may be used by people needing close proximity to the speakers and/or needing access to ASL interpreters. Companions are also welcome, but to accommodate as many people with disabilities as possible in this area, please try to limit the number of guests who will not be using accessible services.
BY CAR OR PACE
* Drop off, or Walk up – Persons with disabilities can be dropped off or walk in at the first double gate opening on West Basin Drive. Cars should (1) drive up Ohio Drive and drop off the first open doubled gated entrance at West Basin Drive (2) display an accessible placard or identify as delivering a person with a disability. After drop-off, please see above for parking options.
* Parking information, please see above for parking options
PICKUP INFORMATION AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE RALLY SITE
If you’re traveling by bus, you will not be able to be picked up directly near the DOJ rally site located at 10th and Pennsylvania Ave. Law enforcement has designated a location roughly .2 miles away it is approximately a 5 min walk.
Walking Directions to Bus Pickup Location: Head east on Pennsylvania Ave NW toward 9th St NW. Turn left onto 9th St NW. Turn right toward 7th St NW. Turn left onto 7th St. NW (across from the Navy Memorial). Buses should be staged on INDIANA AVE, NW staged at 7th. For GPS purposes please use 641 Indiana Ave NW, Washington DC 20004.
METRO INFORMATION AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE RALLY SITE
We strongly encourage you to map out logistics for parking, marching and pick up for Ministers March For Justice.
WHAT IF THERE IS AN EMERGENCY MEDICAL ISSUE?
We are contracting for medical services and working with the DC Fire/EMS Department. Please notify a volunteer for assistance.
I’M A MEMBER OF THE PRESS. HOW DO I ACQUIRE PRESS CREDENTIALS?
Please fill out this google form: Those who have been granted press credentials will be able to check in at the event