Minister’s March for Justice
MINISTERS MARCH FOR JUSTICE
WHY WE MARCH
The Department of Justice and the current Administration are undermining Dr. King’s Dream. We are marching to reaffirm that religious leaders will recommit to being at the forefront of social justice and civil rights.
As Dr. King marched for 54 years ago, we are still marching for:
- Voting Rights
- Criminal Justice Reform
- Economic Justice
On Monday August 28th, 2017, we are calling on all religious leaders to join us in Washington, DC for the Ministers’ March for Justice. We are asking for clergy to commit to amplifying up messages centered on the Social Justice agenda, and participate in the grassroots efforts to hold Attorney General Sessions accountable for all peoples’ Civil Rights. Attached you will find a March deck that has more information.
If you plan to march, it is important you fill out this form to give organizers a headcount.
Monday, August 28th
10AM – Gather @ MLK Memorial
11:00AM – Pre-program @ MLK Memorial
12:15PM – Begin marching from MLK Memorial to DOJ (1.7 miles)
Here are a few recommended hotels that have agreed to provide special rates for March participants. Please note that this is not an endorsement. We encourage you also to research local lodging facilitates in the surrounding area.
Residence Inn by Marriott Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard
1233 First Street S.E., Washington, DC 20003
Standard King $149 / Standard Double Queen $159
RESERVATIONS PROCEDURES: Each individual will be responsible for making their own reservation. You may contact the hotel directly at 202-795-3964 and ask for Shirley in the Sales Department to obtain the group rate. Attendees must call prior to the cut-off date of 8/23/2017and identify themselves as being part of the Ministers March group block.
- Check-in time is 4:00pm and check-out time is 11:00am
- Complimentary Breakfast provided for all guests
- Complimentary and Wi-Fi internet access is available in the guest rooms and public space
- On-site overnight parking is available for a fee of $49.24/night (fee is tax inclusive)
- CUT-OFF DATE: Reservations for attendees must be received on or before 08/23/2017 (“Cut-Off Date”). After that date, unreserved rooms will be put back to Hotel’s general inventory.
- ROOM GUARANTEE/DEPOSIT: All rooms must be guaranteed at the time reservations are made. Acceptable forms of guarantee include an acceptable credit card.
Courtyard by Marriott Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard
140 L St SE, Washington, DC 20003
RESERVATIONS PROCEDURES: Each individual will be responsible for making their own reservation by contacting the hotel directly at 202-479-0027. Ask for Brittany in the reservations department to obtain the group rate. Attendees must call prior to the cut-off date and identify themselves as being part of the Ministers March group block.