REV. AL SHARPTON & NEW JERSEY LEADERS TO HEADLINE NATIONAL ACTION NETWORK (NAN) INAUGURAL CONFERENCE IN JERSEY CITY—
Rachel Noerdlinger, [email protected]
Ross Adair, [email protected]
Alex Butcher-Nesbitt, [email protected]
Phone: (212) 681-1380
REV. AL SHARPTON & NEW JERSEY LEADERS TO HEADLINE NATIONAL ACTION NETWORK (NAN) INAUGURAL CONFERENCE IN JERSEY CITY
Conference will tackle issues facing the Black church in the age of President Trump, celebrate transformative leaders on women’s issues and honor Rev. Sharpton’s 50 years in the civil rights movement
For the first time ever, the National Action Network New Jersey chapters and Rev. Al Sharpton will hold the National Action Network New Jersey Conference, featuring prominent local elected officials, civil rights leaders, and clergy from all over the state. NAN will kick off the two-day conference with a breakfast, an informative welcome reception and a brief award ceremony. NAN will also hold a Women’s Empowerment Luncheon on Friday, honoring prominent women who are making a difference in their fields.
Speakers and Panel Members:
- · Rev. Al Sharpton, Founder and President, National Action Network
- · Gov. Jim McGreevey, Former New Jersey Governor
- · Gwendolyn Carr, Mother of Eric Garner, Mother of the Movement
- · Dorinda Walker, Author and Motivational Speaker, Vice President, Prudential Financial
- · Senator Sandra B. Cunningham, 31st NJ Legislative District
- · Leaders and Chapter Presidents of NAN New Jersey Chapters, including Rev. Steffie Bartley and Rev. David Jefferson, Sr.
Thursday, October 19 – Friday, October 20
Jersey City Hyatt Regency
Thursday, October 19
Welcome Reception & Awards Breakfast
Live Taping of “Keepin’ it Real with Rev. Sharpton” – Rev. Al Sharpton’s nationally syndicated radio show
Birthday Banquet for Rev. Al Sharpton – Recently Rev. Sharpton turned 63, celebrating 50 years in the civil rights movement. He started at age 13 as Youth Director of Operation Breadbasket, the economic arm of the SCLC led by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. NAN will celebrate Rev. Sharpton’s 50 years as a leading civil rights activist.
Friday, October 20
Panel 1: Where Do We Go From Here? – The Black Church in the Age of Trump
- · Moderator: Stephen A. Green, Pastor, Heard AME Church in Roselle, NJ
Panel 2: Bridging the Gap Between the Church and Prison Reentry
- · Moderator: Former New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey
Women’s Empowerment Luncheon
- · Dominique Sharpton, National Director of Membership, National Action Network
- · Rachel Noerdlinger, Managing Director, Mercury LLC
- · Senator Sandra Cunningham, 31st Legislative District
- · Lori Montague, Director, Jazz House Kids
- · Meli’sa Morgan, Singer/Songwriter and CEO, Asilem Productions, Inc.
- · Denise Wilkerson, CEO, Abounding Women; CEO, Robert Scott PR
About the National Action Network (NAN)
National Action Network is one of the leading civil rights organizations in the Nation with chapters throughout the entire United States. Founded in 1991 by Reverend Al Sharpton, NAN works within the spirit and tradition of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. to promote a modern civil rights agenda that includes the fight for one standard of justice, decency and equal opportunities for all people regardless of race, religion, nationality.