NATIONAL ACTION NETWORK’S ANNUAL KING DAY BREAKFAST IN WASHINGTON—
**FOR PLANNING PURPOSES**
January 13, 2022
Rachel Noerdlinger, [email protected]
Emma Brodsky, [email protected]
REV. AL SHARPTON & NATIONAL ACTION NETWORK’S (NAN) ANNUAL KING DAY BREAKFAST IN WASHINGTON, DC TO FEATURE REMARKS BY U.S. DEPUTY ATTORNEY GENERAL KRISTEN CLARKE, TREASURY SECRETARY JANET YELLEN, MARTIN LUTHER KING, III, ARNDREA WATERS KING
This year’s virtual ceremony will honor individuals working in their respective fields to expand justice and equality in their communities, and to highlight the urgency of securing voting rights for all Americans
Monday, January 17, 2022 – 8:30 a.m.
The National Action Network on Facebook
- Kristen Clarke, Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Justice
- Martin Luther King, III, Chairman of the Board, Drum Major Institute
- Arndrea Waters King, President, Drum Major Institute
- Secretary Janet Yellen, 78thSecretary, U.S. Department of Treasury
MLK Day Lifetime of Excellence in Public Policy
- The Honorable Joyce Beatty, 27th Chair, Congressional Black Caucus (CBC)
MLK Visionary Award
- Ron Busby, Sr., President and CEO, U.S. Black Chambers, Inc. (USBC)
MLK Business & Communications Award
- Joshua DuBois (Joint Award), Founding Partner & CEO, Value Partnerships
- Michelle DuBois (Joint Award), President, Value Partnerships
MLK Day Youth Award
- Yolanda Renee King, Granddaughter of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
MLK Labor Leader Award
- Fred Redmond, Secretary-Treasurer, AFL-CIO
FRIENDS OF NAN:
- Broderick D. Johnson, Executive Vice President, Public Policy and Executive Vice President, Digital Equity, Comcast/NBCUniversal
- Brandon F. Webb, Senior Manager, Amazon
*NAN’S Breakfast is Co-Chaired by Martin Luther King, III and Tanya Lombard, Vice President of Global Public, and External Affairs, Head of Multicultural Strategic Initiatives at AT&T, and Member of the Board of Directors for the National Action Network. NAN’s Washington, DC office is led by Ebonie C. Riley, Senior Vice President of Policy & Strategic Partnerships.
About National Action Network (NAN)
National Action Network is one of the leading civil rights organizations in the Nation with chapters throughout the entire United States. Founded in 1991 by Reverend Al Sharpton, NAN works within the spirit and tradition of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. to promote a modern civil rights agenda that includes the fight for one standard of justice, decency and equal opportunities for all people regardless of race, religion, nationality or gender. For more information go to www.nationalactionnetwork.net.